Thursday, April 23, 2009

unique places to find items for your dollhouse

Hi everyone,

Since I haven't gotten any of my pictures up I thought I would share some of my ideas for places to find miniatures or items to make miniatures. Outside of the obvious places such as dollhouse web sites and stores there are all sorts of frugal places to hunt for great finds. I love going through thrift stores and garage sales. Sometimes you will find actual dollhouse miniatures, but you can also find things in the toy sections that would work. Those types of places are also wonderful for getting supplies to make your own things cheap. Buttons, Beads, fabrics, wood, and all sorts of other things you will find useful. Get creative and you never know what great things you can come up with! One more thing you may find at garage sales and thrift stores are collectibles in miniature sizes. They may not have been specifically made for a dollhouse but sometimes they work. Magazines are a fun way to find pictures for you dollhouse. Small pictures can be framed or you might want to use them as posters in one of your rooms. There are so many types of magazines out there that you should be able to find something that suits your tastes. One last fun place you can check for decorating your dollhouse is in wallpaper sample books. Often times paint and wallpaper places are happy to give away their old books and you might be surprised how many cool things you can find in them. I have found items that I can use as pictures, as well as tiny print wallpapers that can be used on the walls! I have also found some small check print papers that work well as floor tiles.

That is about all I have for tonight but in the weeks to come I will be posting pictures and instructions for some of the projects that I have made. Keep checking back because I will add things as often as I can. Take care all,

Kibbygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...