Wednesday, October 28, 2009

my very own hidaway

Hello again! Posting twice in one day, that can mean only one thing. I am bumbling around the house today without my usual long list of things to accomplish. Actually, I am less bumbling and more laying on the couch. Last night I started feeling pretty sick so today I am 'resting'. Thanks to my laptop I can bring the world to my nest on the couch. As I write I have a cozy quilt wrapped around me, de-fizzing ginger ale beside me, the t.v. in front of me playing an old Michael J. Fox movie called The Frightners, and my husband on call to bring me whatever I might need. His crazy shift work has worked out in my favour today and he is home to nurse me back to health.


One good thing about being stuck on the couch is that I get to visit the online friends I have and get to know some new ones. Some of you may have discovered this blog through blogs of note just as I did. Nat the Fat Rat is as unique as the name. Natalie is one creative girl. Her writing is fantastic too, it gives me something to aspire to. In her post today she writes about she and her family snuggling in to a self made fort. It brought back found memories of my days in the closet. Now I know what you are thinking but I'm referring to my literal closet. Back in the day I would make quite a fort inside my closet, complete with a stack of pillows, a cozy blanket, a good book, a light to read said book by, a few snacks and of course my favorite stuffed bear. I didn't go a whole lot of places without him. He is now so worn that he is regulated to sitting on a shelf in my bedroom. Much more handling and I am afraid he will crumble to pieces. I bet he remembers our hideaway as fondly as I do. There is nothing like a cozy spot to snuggle with your best friend!


Here is to a cozy day to all of us!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kibbygirl,
    That's a cute story about your closet fort, I used to have one of those when I was a kid! It was the very best place to read because it was so quiet and no interruptions!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for adding my button to your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...