Saturday, October 24, 2009

You gotta love a boy!









Boys are a unique animal. I don't know what everyone else thinks about the nature vs nurture issue but based on personal experience boys and girls just aren't the same. Sure, there is a broad spectrum and everyone fits in a different spot on it. Most boys will battle, struggle to be the king of the hill, and try to be the bravest and strongest and fastest and toughest of all. They will pick up a stick and pretend to shoot with it, and they are proud of their war wounds. ( cuts and scrapes ) My son is no different. There is often a battle set up in his room and there are action figures and army men scattered all around the house. He even set a plastic soldier at the head of our bed, to stand guard and protect us while we sleep! What a thoughtful guy. The even have their own code that starts pretty early on. You don't cry in front of your friends, you take an injury 'like a man', you fight hard in any competition, and farting, burping and good naturedly ribbing each other is just a way of life. As any proud mother of a boy can tell you, messes are inevitable.


My boy is most definitely a Representative of this unique animal and he makes me smile every day. When I'm sad he holds my hand and says " don't worry mom, I'm here, I won't let you cry." When I am sick, he will cover me up with a blanket and offer to get me water. He is funny and silly and messy and it is an extraordinary feat to get him to sit still. I wouldn't have it any other way.


Have a great weekend everyone,


Kibbygirl


No comments:

Post a Comment

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...