Friday, June 26, 2009

a couple of ideas


Hello all,

Long time no blog! I heard a couple of great thrifty ideas. One is to make a rug from a wash cloth with small print on it. Another idea is to make a paper template of the floor you want to cover and cut the shape of it from contact paper or whatever paper you want to use. You can usually find marble patterned contact paper which would be cool for counter tops or the bathroom. I haven't tried it but I wondered if you could find a washcloth that would work as plush carpeting too. Hmmm!

The other thing I discovered to share is on about.com. There is an article on thrifty miniature collecting. It is called "Best Miniature Buys from Yard Sales" and here is the link http://miniatures.about.com/od/buyingsellingminiatures/qt/miniyrdsales.htm?nl=1. That is definitely up my alley. Have a great night,


Kibbygirl

1 comment:

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...