Tuesday, September 8, 2009

DYI dollhouse


Good afternoon everyone... miss me? I missed you. We had computer issues around here so I have been a bit out of touch with all of you. So sorry about that but I am glad to be back. I have been wandering around blog land to see what is new and what the world has been up to without me. It has been so much fun discovering all the new things and ideas out there. One of the ideas that I came across came from a site call One Pretty Thing at http://www.oneprettything.com/ . It is a craft site with all sorts of projects. There are a lot of stitchery type things but some non sewing ones as well. One of her links actually sent me to the Cookie Magazine site to check out a do it yourself tutorial on a dollhouse. The picture above is the finished house but I was thinking if someone had a cardboard box or cabinet or something the foam board could go inside for a more complete or finished house. I may have to play around with that idea myself sometime. Just in case any of my readers would like to give it a try here is the link to the Cookie site. http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/nesting/2008/02/diy-dollhouse.html . I'm thinking this could be a fun thing to make with a kid before they get on to a full scale wooden dollhouse, or for someone like me who just has a bit of an obsession with mini things and has lots of extras! I could also use this as a test room area. That way I could try some things out before I do the same in my wood dollhouse. Hmmmm... the possibilities are endless. Yep, I am definitely going to have to add this to my never ending list of things to do.
Have a great day all,
Kibbygirl

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back. I have been having trouble keeping up with blogland too- but not a bad computer, just not enough time in the day! I am going to check out your link now- not that I really need to want to make another project :) Have a super day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completly agree with you Kim. There never seems to be enough time in a day, even if you are just relaxing. Maybe expecially then ;)

    ReplyDelete

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...