Monday, June 28, 2010

Thrift Score!

Thanks to a number of rainy weekends my garage sale expeditions have been pretty limited so far this summer.  In the winter months I can satisfy my need for cheap retail therapy by trolling the many thrift and antique stores around but there is really nothing like a good garage sale haul.  If nothing else the price tags can't be beat!  Where else can you find several antique hard cover books for under a buck?  If you do know of somewhere else please, share your secret haunts.  I am always open to new thrifty opportunities!  Like I've mentioned though, this year has been a little rain filled on those sale possible days so I finally gave in and trekked out to a nearby Value Village.  I have to say I'm glad I did.  Not only did I find a nifty silver serving tray that has three fold able parts to it, but I scored some sweet embroidered napkins that will work well as dollhouse linens and three pieces of wooden dollhouse items.  All of that for less than ten bucks!  Not too shabby eh.  The books are some of the ones that I have found at various local yard sales.  I love books, I love reading, but there is something extra special about beautiful old books.  I like to imagine who bought them, who read them, and who cared for and saved them all these years. 

Have a great night everyone!

Kibbygirl

1 comment:

  1. wow- what great finds! Love the dollhouse furniture and really, really love that stand! Beautiful!! I love old books too- they just make me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...