Thursday, July 23, 2009

thrift shop finds















A couple of days ago I went to a nearby town to wander what I've nicknamed 'thrift shop ally'. On one stretch of street there are several thrift and second hand shops like Goodwill and Value Village. I had to go alone because my boys for some reason don't see the fun in that sort of thing, but I had a ball. To me it is an afternoon of treasure hunting. Sometimes I don't come away with too many great finds but this time I found a couple of treasures. The first picture is from a book of whimsical cross stitch patterns. The vase is one of a few that I bought. I am always on the lookout for some nice ones because I like to give cut flowers from my garden. If I don't happen to have any around I will use an empty can wrapped in paper, or an empty bottle, but I like to have some vases around just in case. I think my favorite find was the shoes though. Well, I am a girl after all. They are barely worn, and I ended up paying a measly 2 dollars! Ahhhh... happiness is.
Kibbygirl

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! I really love the cross stitch book and the picture is beautiful! Too bad we are not in the same town- I love to wander the thrift shops too! Good finds!

    ReplyDelete

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...