Saturday, March 20, 2010

march break

Good morning everyone,

It has been so warm and beautiful around here that sitting at the computer for too long seems wrong  so I have been getting done what I need to and running outside to join the kids who are off school for march break.  The temperature yesterday said 21 degrees at one point.  Awsome!  I took advantage of the nicer weather to drag some larger things, like a bookshelf, outside to paint.  I have been on a bit of a painting spree lately but sadly I am no where near done.  Most rooms in our house need a good coat of paint but that will come bit by bit.  One of the hardest parts of painting is the decision making!  What colour for the wall?  What colour for the trim?  What about the accessories?  See I am a frequent mind changer I have learned to stick with fairly basic colours when it comes to the big stuff so that I can change everything else when the need strikes.

Right now, as I try to motivate myself to get ready for a family gathering I see flurries start to fall.  Ahh Ontario weather!  I suppose it makes me even more thankfull for the past couple of days worth of sunshine.  Since I don't have any of my projects to show you yet I will leave you all with a picture from one of the boys recent basketball games.  It is a terrible picture but I love it because it shows what great team spirit they all have.  The raised arms are their way of silently cheering for a team mate when they are making a foul shot.  Each of the kids on this team are truely supportive of eachother, in the good games and the bad.  It makes me thankfull for each and every one of them.  Wouldn't it be amazing if we all treated each other that way?  No tearing down, just lifting up. 

Have a great weekend,

Kibbygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...