Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family

This is an old calender print I had just waiting for a home. I painted a boring old brown one a nice shinny black an it looks pretty great if I don't say so myself.

Finally, it is 6 degrees and sunny in my neck of the woods today! What a relief it is to actually see blue skies and melting snow. You may remember me mentioning awhile back that I am not exactly a big fan of winter so having this for the day is a big blessing. Soon, so soon, I will be sitting on my back deck, sipping an iced coffee, reading a good book, listening to the sounds of our pond and watching the birds fluttering around the feeder. Ahhh, heaven.


The past week however I have been re purposing my kitchen table in to a craft station. I have finally started some of the painting jobs that I have been meaning to get working on for weeks. OK, months but please... don't judge me. Well, anyway, once I got started I went all out and got most of the small stuff done. I painted our two kitchen chairs that were a very basic Ikea pine a very stylish black. All the appliances are black so they fit in nicely now. I also painted several picture frames, a cork board, an old spice rack, a small cabinet, several miniatures, and two peg boards! Whew. I still have a few big things to paint but I think I will wait for the warmer weather for those. In the meantime here are some of the projects I did. The others I will have to show you in a couple of days when I get the finishing touches done. I am once again linking up to Heather's Talented Tuesday linky party at My Frugal Family. She has been getting lots of great contributions so definitely wander over.
This isn't the best picture but remember that spice rack I decided to use as a holder for perfume and nail polish, well here it is with a couple of fresh coats of paint. The little cabinet used to be blue but this looks much better I think.
This is a signed numbered print I got at Value Village a week or two ago for $3. I painted a frame I already had and voila.
This is the cork board I had. It was just the basic brown you get anywhere which is boring so I painted it black and used an old calender print as a background.

There is more to come but for now I hope you all have a great night!

Kibbygirl

1 comment:

  1. wow- everything looks so great! You have been a busy gal!!! Our snow is melting very slowly also- there is an end in sight!

    ReplyDelete

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...