Wednesday, May 20, 2009

free printable paper ideas







I was going through some of my scrapbooking stuff today and as I was looking at the papers I realized they would work wonderfully for some of my dollhouse projects. Anything with a plain or tiny pattern is perfect for the walls or to make something like placemats, and lampshades. If you look around, and these days you dont need to look farther than the internet, you can find lots of great 'faux' patterned paper too. Things like brick, tile, wood and whatnot. I wrote awhile back about some of the great free things you can find on the net to print out for the dollhouse. There are quite a few sites that offer those and you can get some of the links on my site, but the scrapbooking got me thinking outside the box. There is an endless supply of free scrapbooking printables out there. Believe me I know... I had to cut myself off eventually after I had filled many cds with all the treasures I found! It could take me the rest of my life to use them all and there are new kits being posted by great artists all the time. As long as it is for your own personal use artists are giving their creations away to anyone who would like them. At the end of this post I will include links to several good sites to find scrapbook printables that will hopefully give you some good ideas. Shabby Princess for example, makes some really beautiful things. Check out her vintage florals in paticular. That is one of my favorite sets.



So, put your creative thinking caps on and get out there, metaphoriclly speaking, and be inspired!









have a great night



Kibbygirl



No comments:

Post a Comment

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...