Saturday, May 16, 2009

Off topic turtle hunt







Today's post is not dollhouse related but I had to share this with everyone. My husband finally has a small pond on our property. He has wanted one for a very long time and he has had a lot of fun playing with the fountain and stocking it with some fish, frogs, toads and turtles. My husband, son and I love going for hikes and looking for whatever creatures we can find, and now we have somewhere to bring a few of them. One thing the boys have wanted for a long time is a turtle. We have a small one that was given to us, but the boys are on a quest right now and are searching some of the many ponds in the area for another one. My step dad got into it too and built them an improvised turtle trap. He used things he found around the house and made an awesome contraption to bring down to one of the ponds. The pictures are of my husband and step dad trying to get it in. That was yesterday and so far no turtles yet but it has been raining pretty hard all day. The boys did find a couple of toads a few days ago and they actually laid eggs in our pond! I can't wait to see all the tadpoles from that. There is nothing like studying nature up close and personal.

1 comment:

  1. Watching tadpoles turn into frogs has got to be one of the coolest things ever. I hope you find a turtle in your trap soon.

    ReplyDelete

A little more of what I have been working on :)    This Joy sign is metallic, it just doesn't show well in the picture ...